Learn about ISO 27001 best practices and find out how to achieve compliance with the Standard with our popular foundation live online course. It provides a complete introduction to the key elements required to achieve compliance, including:
- Understanding management system documentation and the requirements of ISO 27001.
- Planning, scoping and communication throughout your ISO 27001 project.
- The key steps involved in an ISO 27001 risk assessment.
What does this training course cover?
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation.
- The benefits of ISMS certification.
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application.
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning.
- The core elements of an ISMS
- The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls.
- Drivers for ISO 27001.
- Standards: what they are and why they are important.
- Documentation and Management Systems.
- Management Commitment.
- Overview of ISO 27001.
- Implementing ISO 27001: Scoping, Planning, Communication.
- Risk Assessment and Security Controls.
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
Is there any recommended reading?
We strongly recommend you purchase and read the standard prior to attending the course:
We also recommend that you purchase and read the following textbooks:
- ISO 27001/ISO 27002 – A Pocket Guide
- An Introduction to Information Security and ISO 27001:2013 – A Pocket Guide