The Certified EU GDPR Foundation and Practitioner Combination training course consists of the Certified EU GDPR Foundation (one-day) and Practitioner (four-day) training courses.
This unique training program provides:
- A comprehensive introduction to the implications and legal requirements of the GDPR
- A practical guide to planning, implementing and maintaining a GDPR compliance program.
- Focus on the application of the Regulation
- How the data protection principles work in practice
- The policies and procedures necessary for a privacy and information security compliance program
- Practical guidance on how to implement an effective privacy and information security compliance program
- Gain a comprehensive introduction from our Specialist Consultants to the GDPR and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations.
- Train without the travel with our instructor-led online courses giving you all the benefits of classroom study without the hassle.
- Successful completion of the course and included exams leads to the ISO 17024-Certificated EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) and EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) qualifications and 35 CPD/CPE points.
What does this training course cover?
The Foundation course will cover:
- Bands of penalties and range of awards for breaches
- The lawfulness of processing and consent
- The six data protection principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO)
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- Certification against GDPR
- The powers of supervisory authorities
- Lead supervisory authorities
- The role of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
The Practitioner course will cover:
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO).
- What constitutes personal data.
- Accountability, the privacy compliance framework and a personal information management system (PIMS).
- Lessons to be learned from common data security failures.
- The six data protection principles – how to apply them and demonstrate compliance.
- The security of personal data.
- An organisational risk management framework.
- Legal requirements for a DPIA.
- How to conduct a DPIA with a DPIA tool.
- Why and how to conduct a data mapping exercise.
- The rights of data subjects.
- Giving and withdrawing consent.
- Handling data subject access requests (DSARs).
- The roles of controllers and processors, and the relationships between them.
- Transferring personal data outside the EU and the mechanisms for compliance.
- How to become GDPR compliant using a compliance gap assessment tool.
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- A data protection impact assessment (DPIA) tool;
- The GDPR compliance gap assessment tool;
- The EU GDPR F and EU GDPR P exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
Who should attend this course?
Business directors or managers who want to understand how the requirements of the GDPR will affect their organisation. Managers involved in or responsible for GDPR compliance, such as:
- Privacy managers;
- Data protection managers;
- Information security managers;
- IT managers;
- Project managers;
- Corporate governance managers;
- Risk and compliance managers;
- General or privacy counsels; and
- Finance, HR or marketing managers.