The Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Training Course provides IT security professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to implement security controls, maintain an organisation’s security posture, and identify and remediate security vulnerabilities. The course covers configuring and deploying security solutions for a Cloud N-tier architecture. It will also prepare you to pass the AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies exam at the first attempt.
Our experienced Microsoft trainer will use MOC (Microsoft Official Courseware) and MLO (Microsoft Labs Online) to cover the following:
- Managing identity and access.
- Implementing platform protection.
- Securing data and applications.
- Managing security operations.
What does this training course cover?
- Module 1: Manage identity and access
- Module 2: Implement platform protection
- Module 3: Secure data and applications
- Module 4: Manage security operations
- Enterprise governance strategies, including role-based access control, Azure policies and resource locks.
- Azure AD (Active Directory) infrastructure, including users, groups and multifactor authentication.
- Azure AD Identity Protection, including risk policies, conditional access and access reviews.
- Azure AD Privileged Identity Management, including AD roles and Azure resources.
- Azure AD Connect, including authentication methods and on-premises directory synchronisation.
- Perimeter security strategies, including Azure Firewall.
- Network security strategies, including network security groups and application security groups.
- Host security strategies, including endpoint protection, remote access management, update management and disk encryption.
- Container security strategies including Azure Container Instances, Azure Container Registry and Azure Kubernetes.
- Azure Key Vault, including certificates, keys and secrets.
- Application security strategies, including app registration, managed identities and service endpoints.
- Storage security strategies, including shared access signatures, blob retention policies and Azure Files authentication.
- Database security strategies, including authentication, data classification, dynamic data masking and always encrypted.
- Azure Monitor, including connected sources, log analytics and alerts.
- Azure Security Center, including policies, recommendations and just-in-time virtual machine access.
- Azure Sentinel, including workbooks, incidents and playbooks.
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file).
- An AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies exam voucher (Pearson VUE).
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course and exam.
Course duration and times
- Day 1: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Day 2: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Day 3: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Day 4: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
We recommend that all attendees have knowledge of:
- Security best practices and industry security requirements such as defence in depth, least privileged access, role-based access control, multifactor authentication, shared responsibility and the zero trust model.
- Security protocols such as Virtual Private Networks, IPsec, SSL, and disk and data encryption methods.
- Experience of deploying Azure workloads.
- Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages. Course labs may use PowerShell and the CLI.
This knowledge can be gained by attending the following courses:
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104)