Penetration Testing is used to identify and report back on security vulnerabilities to allow you, as the client, to remedy the vulnerabilities and raise the level of security in order to protect your assets, whether physical or intellectual.
We have full access to all your information that is normally unavailable to external infiltrators.
Certain information is supplied, we would assess whether unauthorised, logical access can be gained via external components by the cyber criminal who has the same access as a customer or supplier.
The system will be “attacked’ from the infiltrators perspective, the only information gathered by an actual attacker is used.
What is High-Value Penetration Testing and Why Is It Important?
A high-value penetration test has several aspects. (SANS)
- It models the activities of real-world attackers
- to find vulnerabilities in target systems
- and exploits them under controlled circumstances
- applying technical excellence to determine and document risk and potential business impact
- in a professional, safe fashion according to a carefully designed scope and rules of engagement
- with the goal of helping an organisation prioritise its resources in improving its security stance